In order for us to grow in faith and love of our Lord and our neighbor, the Church gives us five Precepts to help us do that. The Catechism of the Catholic Church, in paragraphs 2042-2043 lists the formal precepts for all Catholics. They are:
1. Attend Mass on Sundays and on Holy Days of obligation and rest from servile labor.
2. Confess your sins at least once a year.
3. Receive the sacrament of the Eucharist at least during the Easter season.
4. Observe the days of fasting and abstinence established by the Church.
5. You shall help to provide for the needs of the Church.
For a little more on this topic, check out this post.