WELCOME HOME! St. Mary’s is excited to welcome back our parish family beginning this June 8 for the celebration of Mass. Public Masses have been permitted to resume with a few modifications for enhanced safety during this time. Below are the five main things you’ll want to know before you go.
- Bishop Soto’s dispensation for all of the faithful remains in effect and those who are vulnerable, over 65, or ill are advised to continue to stay home and join us via the 9:30 a.m. live stream Mass on Facebook. For those attending Mass, the Bishop has stated that weekday Masses will count as a Sunday Mass to help avoid large crowds at particular Masses.
- Mass will be held primarily in the parish hall with limited seating, utilizing the gym as overflow. We are seeking new volunteers to help with proper sanitization between services.
- Sunday: Parish Hall – 8am, 11am, 6pm – up to 100 people
- Sunday: Main Church (Live Stream) – 9:30am – up to 60 people
- Monday - Saturday: Parish Hall – 8am – up to 100 people
- Saturday Vigil: Parish Hall – 5:00pm – up to 100 people
- To help with occupancy, we are providing tickets to the Saturday Vigil and Sunday Masses which can be reserved through Eventbrite. Tickets may be reserved weekly beginning Thursdays at 10:00 a.m. and ending Fridays at 5:00 p.m. Parishioners are encouraged to bring your tickets either printed or on your phone and arrive to Mass 10-20 minutes early to check in. The Bishop has advised that everyone wear PPE including a mask. St. Mary’s will also have hand sanitizer available as you enter. Please look for signs and volunteer guides who will direct you to the designated entrances and exits.
- Families will be seated together and spaced a minimum of 6’ from those outside their home group to maintain social distance. Once you are seated you are asked to remain there until the conclusion of Mass. Communion will be given to you in your seat (encouraged to receive in hand) & monetary offerings will be collected by ushers in baskets as you enter/exit Mass. You may also choose to give online at https://secure.etransfer.com/StMarysSacramento/donate.cfm. One bathroom stall in each the men’s and women’s rooms will be opened and cleaned before and after the service for emergency use, however it is recommended that you use the facilities at home before attending Mass.
- Once Mass has ended, please follow the Usher’s instructions to exit by row and refrain from congregating as our volunteers will be working hard to clean the area before the next Mass.
Finally, we still need additional volunteers to act as ushers, lectors, tech assistants with the projector and/or live stream, and cleanup crew for each Mass. If you are able and would like to serve, please leave a message at the Rectory Office (916) 452-0296. We look forward to welcoming each one of you and celebrating the Holy Eucharist together again.